Friday, January 3, 2014

Welcoming 2014!

 


For some reason, this year over any in the past, I am viewing this turn of the year as a clean slate, a fresh start, time to make changes and RELAX. My word for 2014 is.... Relax. 2013 brought on many new challenges, lifestyle changes, joy and chaos. Looking back I wish I would have just slowed down and really enjoyed every moment, every new word Kelti learned, every new move she made.

So this year, I am going to not worry about the dust bunnies in the corner, the birthday party that I forgot to buy a present for, the bank account, or the yogurt bites tossed all over the kitchen floor. I am going to take a step back, relax and enjoy the moments.



I will make 2014 count by...simply slowing down. Movie dates on the living room floor as a family, writing everything on my mind down from the grocery bill to the play date that was scheduled, playing music until we can't shake it anymore, and perhaps after the day is over and the babe is sound asleep, enjoy a glass of wine on the kitchen floor with my hubby as we pick up yogurt bites together. 2014 here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment